So far, 88% of people in cohort 1-9 in Darlington have received their first dose of Astra Zeneca or Pfizer with the majority receiving Astra Zeneca.
Those patients currently eligible for a COVID 19 vaccine who have:
- Had a Cerebral Venous Sinus Thrombosis
- Acquired or hereditary thrombophilia
- Heparin induced thrombocytopaenia
- Antiphospholipid syndrome
- Another condition which significantly increases the risk of a blood clot
- Who are pregnant
- Who are under 30 with no personal risk factors that increase the risk of serious illness with COVID 19
Should discuss with their GP whether the Astra Zeneca Vaccine is right for them either by phone or send an e-consult to your practice.
Those who have experienced major venous or arterial thrombosis with thrombocytopaenia following their 1st dose of Astra Zeneca will need to have an alternative vaccine for their 2nd dose.
There are limited supplies of alternative vaccine, these will need to be reserved for those who clinically need them and will not be offered to people without risk factors as a choice. We cannot guarantee a timescale for offering an alternative to those that need one.
Everyone else will not be offered a choice of vaccination. Please do not call your GP about this unless you are one of the above groups.
More information online at: