We are looking for an Operations Manager who is passionate about their role. The successful applicant must be able to work autonomously and have excellent managerial, organisational and communication skills.
This role is established to support the Practice Business Manager in carrying out day to day activities and to provide an element of cover or source of advice in the event of their absence.
If you think you have the skills to meet our needs and can help us to deliver a service to patients that is second to none then we would like to hear from you.
Main duties of the job
This role is essential in supporting the Practice Business Manager in all aspects of operational management of the practice. Taking responsibility, with support from the Practice Business Manager, for the general day to day running of the Practice ensuring the wellbeing of patients and staff. This includes;
· Working and facilitating on projects related to Patient care
· Day-to-day facilities and premises management
· Day to day operational support to staff
· Excellent communication with the Practice Business Manager, GP Partners and the Practice team, as required, on a daily basis.
· Ensure IT support is in position and coordinated for system improvements
· Non-clinical teams and administrative management and support, alongside the Business Support Assistant
· Monitoring of contractual activity alongside the Practice Business Manager and liaise with the team to achieve/exceed targets
· To be responsible for the production of performance and quality standards within the practice. To provide advice and guidance to all practice staff as needed.
This post attracts five weeks annual leave (pro rata) and salary will be negotiated depending on experience, skills and knowledge.
Denmark Street Surgery is a friendly GP Practice. We are committed to staff health and wellbeing and recently achieved the Gold Award under the North East Better Health At Work Award Programme. We support our local parkrun and are an Associate Member of Darlington Cares. We score highly for QOF and have a CQC rating of ‘Good’ in all areas. We are an active member practice of Darlington Primary Care Network supported by First Contact Physiotherapists, Advanced Mental Health Practitioner and Social Prescribing Team.
We operate from purpose-built premises on one site with onsite parking