COVID 19 Vaccination Programme – Local Vaccination Centre- Darlington.
Darlington Primary Care Network is working with Primary Healthcare Darlington to deliver COVID 19 Vaccinations from a Feethams House, supported by Darlington Borough Council.
Vaccine supply initially is being gradually rolled out across the country. You may have heard that local areas have started already, this is because they were part of an earlier wave. Locally we have no control over vaccine supply, this is decided nationally and we will be delivering both the Pfizer and Astra Zenica Vaccine, using the AZ vaccine mostly in care homes. Unfortunately we are not able to offer choice of vaccine due to national guidance regards where each vaccine should be administered.
The target groups are decided nationally by JCVI:
- residents in a care home for older adults and their carers
- all those 80 years of age and over and frontline health and social care workers
- all those 75 years of age and over
- all those 70 years of age and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals
- all those 65 years of age and over
- all individuals aged 16 years to 64 years with underlying health conditions which put them at higher risk of serious disease and mortality. View eligibility HERE.
- all those 60 years of age and over
- all those 55 years of age and over
- all those 50 years of age and over
We are currently working through the top NINE cohorts and you to book a vaccination appointment, please click HERE.
When we have vaccine in stock for you, we will be in touch by phone, letter or text message. Please ensure your GP has your correct contact details. Your GP Practice does not have access to booking vaccine appointments, please do not call them about this as it is stopping unwell people getting through.
More information about the vaccines can be found using the links below: